Methods of Bidding
Live at Our Gallery
To obtain a bidder paddle, simply arrive at our location and present a photo identification. Use this paddle to bid live with the auctioneer.
We accept confidential absentee bids which we execute on behalf of the bidder in a competitive manner. If you have bid with us in the past, we accept absentee bids, in person, or via email. Tell us your maximum amount and we will attempt to acquire the item as cheaply as possible.
A method by which Uniques and Antiques calls bidders and they bid live during auction over the phone. Phone bids are accepted for items that the bidder is willing to open at $300 or higher depending on the item. If you’d like to bid less than $300 on an item, please use the absentee method of bidding. Phone bids can be set up via email. Please email your name, address, phone number and phone bid lot number.
- Buyers Premium:
Buyer’s Premium is 20% regardless of method of payment.
- Buyers through online bidding platform LiveAuctioneers.com or Invaluable.com are subject to 25% Buyer’s premium regardless of method of payment. (These terms are general and may be modified on a per auction basis, for instance, most Real Estate auctions are 10% buyer’s premium. Some specialty auctions carry a higher buyer’s premium. Please refer to the specific auction listing to confirm the previaling buyer’s premium)
- ONLINE ONLY AUCTIONS: Buyer’s premium is 25% for all methods of purchase including online, absentee and phone bidders regardless of method of payment.
- Items bought in person at our live auctions must be paid for the day of the auction. Items won on the online platforms are required to be paid within 7 days or a dispute will be filed with the online bidding platform.
- All items are sold AS IS / Where is.
We do not warrant the authenticity of any item in the auction. It is up to the buyer to determine authenticity, condition and any other material facts about an item before bidding and winning an item.
Cash, Approved checks, Visa/Mastercard/American Express, Paypal, and wire transfer ($30 fee)
- Pick up:
We are open from 10AM -5PM Monday through Friday. (We are closed Friday Saturday Sunday from June through August)
- Handling fees for items left longer than 3 weeks and abandonment:
Items left at our auction facility for more than 3 weeks after the auction will incur handling fees of $5 per day per item. NOTICE: Items left for 60 days will be considered abandoned to the auctioneer and disposed of with no proceeds to the purchaser.
We ship some small and easy to handle items. For larger and more fragile items we refer local shippers who will come to our location, pack and ship the item for a fee.